Friday 25 November 2011

Finale - Choral Ending Version B


















I'm amazed just how good soundfonts can sound. With this Choral Ending cue, I first created the midi by playing the SATB score in realtime. I then recorded the choir sounds from both my KN2000 keyboard and Kurtzweill RG200 Digital Piano. Then, using Synthfont and Audacity I recorded using the Florestan Choir Ahh and Boys Choir soundfonts. The four parts where mixed in Audacity and exported as an MP3. I'm really impressed with the sound. The different sources and overdubbing give a depth and meatiness to it, even a feeling of authentic voices singing. It might sound a bit complicated but all of that process took only about one hour for this short cue and it was a total pleasure to do....well worth it to hear a decent mock up of unused/unreleased Rozsa music.

No comments:

Post a Comment